California State Park Rangers Association
2018 Annual CSPRA Membership Meeting
and 26th Annual Retirees Rendezvous
September 24 to 27, 2018 ~ Mono Basin and Bodie
Experience the magnificent Eastern Sierra at a beautiful time of year. Fall color, alpine lakes, towering mountains, Mono Lake Tufa State Natural Reserve, Bodie State Historic Park and the High Sierra await!
Tent camping and RV parking available at Mono Vista RV Park -- make reservations early for RVs. Several motels in Lee Vining are offering special rates.
ONLINE FILLABLE REGISTRATION FORM HERE
2018 EVENT OUTLINE
Monday, Sep 24:
- Mono Basin Scenic Area Visitor Center afternoon tour and reception
- 3:00 - 4:00 pm: Scenic Area Visitor Center tour
- 5:00 pm: Happy Hour on the Scenic Area VC patio
- 6:00 pm: No-host dinner at Epic Cafe, Lee Vining's newest dining sensation.
Tuesday, Sep 25:
- Field Trips ~ Morning: Tufa walk at Mono Lake or birding/hiking in Lundy Canyon
- Afternoon: June Lake Loop and brewery auto tour, or Yosemite High Country hike
- Potluck dinner/ Evening program at Lee Vining Community Center with Keynote speaker the Honorable William Alsup, U. S. District Judge, Northern District of California, CSPRA's Save Bodie! campaign pro bono attorney, and recipient of CSPRA's Honorary California State Park Ranger award in 1993.
Bill Alsup, photo by Jason Doiy
Wednesday, Sep 26:
- Pancake breakfast and daytime meetings at Lee Vining Community Center with a catered lunch
- Afternoon tour of Bodie State Historic Park
- Sunset "Happy Hour" and Western BBQ at Bodie
Thursday, Sep 27:
- Early morning continental breakfast
- Board meeting at Mono Vista RV Park